Important Copyright Notice: This website and its contents are copyright Lockhart Meyer Ltd. trading as Salon Social Club, all rights reserved. Reproduction of all or any substantial part of the contents in any form is prohibited. No part of the website may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose without express approval.
1. These terms
1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we Lockhart Meyer Limited, trading as Salon Social Club (The Club) supply products to you, whether as services or digital content. For members operating in the United Kingdom we may also provide goods such as print under the additional terms and conditions set out in clause 16 of these terms and conditions.
1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your subscription payment to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide you with digital content (Content) to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
1.3 You are a business customer. The Content we supply to you are provided to you as a business customer. Membership of Salon Social Club is only available to Hair & Beauty professionals running salons, spas and clinics and freelancers (H&B Professionals). We reserve the right to refuse any application for membership received or granted in error, not made by an H&B Professional or which we reasonably consider should be refused or revoked where it is lawful for us to do so.
1.4 This is our entire agreement with you. These terms constitute the entire agreement between us in relation to your purchase. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these terms and that you shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this agreement.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
2.1 Who we are. We are Lockhart Meyer Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 05472898 and our registered office is at Lockhart Meyer Ltd, The London Office, First Floor, 85 Great Portland Street, London, England, W1W 7LT. Our registered VAT number is 86447678.
2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Lockhart Meyer, PO Box 18175, Bromsgrove B60 9PP.
2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us.
2.4 “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
3. Our contract with you
3.1 How we will accept your subscription. Our acceptance of your subscription commences when we receive your payment, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
4.1 Content may vary slightly. The graphic images you select from those displayed on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour as seen on our website. Your graphics may vary slightly from those images.
5. Our rights to make changes
5.1 Minor changes. We may make changes to Content:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the Content.
5.2 More significant changes to the Content and these terms. In addition, we may make changes to these terms or the Content, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect.
6. Providing the Content
6.1 When we provide the Content as digital content. We will supply the Content to you until your subscription expires (if applicable) or you end the contract as described below or we end the contract by written notice to you as described in clause 9.
6.2 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the Content is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any Content you have paid for but not received.
6.3 Reasons we may suspend the supply of Content to you. We may have to suspend the supply of Content to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update Content to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the Content as notified by us to you (see clause 5).
7. The Club Forum
7.1 For the mutual benefit of our Club Members we may permit you and other Club members to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on the site (collectively, “submit”) messages, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, videos, information, and/or other materials (User Content). We have the right to publish, edit or reject any User Content that you send us either via email, via the website or in writing for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without payment to you.
7.2 You agree that you will not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other right owned by a third party without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit. You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, moral right, or other third party right of any person or entity;
- impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, obscene, harassing or otherwise objectionable;
- contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury;
- the licensed use by us hereunder would result in us having any obligation or liability to any party.
- We rely on you to present us with User Content that contains accurate and factual material. We assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information provided on the Club Forum.
8. How to end the contract with us
8.1 You may end your contract at any time. If you want to end your membership of the Club you can do so at any time. To end the contract with us, please let us know by using the cancellation form provided on our website, Manage My Account.
8.2 Termination of your contract. As soon as you cancel your membership of the Club you will no longer have access to the website and will have no right to use Content which you have previously downloaded during the period of your membership.
9. Our rights to end the contract
9.1 We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 5 days of us reminding you that payment is due; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the Content.
9.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 9.1 reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
9.3 We may withdraw the Content. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing Content. We will let you know at least four weeks in advance of our stopping the supply of Content and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for Content which will not be provided.
10. Intellectual property rights
10.1 All intellectual property rights in or arising out of or in connection with the Content and this website and Club Forum will be owned by us. You may retain rights in any materials provided by you for User Content.
10.2 You may use the digital content solely on social media for the purposes of your business during the term of the Contract solely for the purpose of receiving and using the Content. You may not sub-license, assign or otherwise transfer the rights granted in this clause 10.2. In particular (without limitation) you shall not provide any of the material you receive from us to any business other than your business.
11. Price and payment
11.1 Where to find the price for your subscription. The price of your subscription is the price shown when you subscribe and remains that price for so long as you remain a subscriber. Where applicable Value added tax (VAT) will be added to the cost of your subscription and in the case of products provided to UK members (see section 16) to the cost of those products.
11.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT or any other similar tax changes during your Club membership we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, on the next date for payment of you monthly subscription fee.
11.3 Members operating outside the United Kingdom shall be liable for payment of all sales tax (if any) related to our supply of the Content.
11.4 When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment via Stripe.
12. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
12.1 The information we provide to you is made available to you as a H&B Professional solely for educational purposes and advice in generic terms related to the business of H&B Professionals. Neither Lockhart Meyer Limited nor its staff warrants or makes any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials or information we provide on this site, or the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability, or usefulness of the training materials.
12.2 Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable);
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict liability.
12.3 Subject to clause 12.1:
- we shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with any contract between us; and
- our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to 125 per cent of the total sums paid by you for Content under such contract in the 12 month period prior to such losses arising.
13. How we may use your personal information
14. Other important terms
14.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
14.2 You may not transfer your rights under this contract to someone else.
14.3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
14.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
14.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the Content, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
14.6 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings if you are a business. If you are a business, any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a contract between us or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
15. Third Party Rights
15.1 A person who is not party to these Terms or a contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
16. Conditions for the supply of printed material (UK only)
16.1 After placing an order, you will receive an order confirmation email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. All orders are subject to acceptance by us and we will inform you if for any reason we cannot process your order. The contract between us will only be formed at the point that we send you our order confirmation email.
16.2 Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in our order confirmation email. In exceptional circumstances or in the case of a bespoke order we may inform you of a new delivery date.
16.3 Please note that no changes to orders are permitted once you have submitted them to us.
16.4 The price of the products and our delivery charges will be as quoted on our site, except in cases of obvious error.
16.5 We try to display and describe as accurately as possible the printed products which appear on our site, but do not give any assurance that the colours of products supplied will exactly match those displayed on your computer monitor or other printing systems.
16.6 In uploading any material to our site, including for the purposes of registering with the site, managing your online account and submitting a file or order, you agree and warrant to us that such material:
- complies with applicable law in the UK;
- does not contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- does not contain any material which is obscene, hateful or inflammatory;
- does not promote sexually explicit material or violence;
- does not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- does not infringe any intellectual property rights of any other person
and you will indemnify (and keep indemnified) us for any breach by you of such above warranties.
16.7 Refunds returns and reprints
- It is not possible to return products for refund other than in the event of an order being produced to the wrong order specification or not to an acceptable standard. In either of these cases we may (at our discretion) reprint free of charge. Any errors in printing must be reported via e-mail to the following email address email@example.com, please make sure to include your job ID number in the subject line. In order to qualify for a full refund, you will need to email us within 2 days of order receipt. We will also require you to return a sample or photographic evidence of the issue.
- We will notify you of any refund due to you via email within a reasonable period of time and will usually process the refund due to you within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you that you were entitled to a refund. We will refund the price of a defective product in fully, any applicable delivery charges and any reasonable costs you incur on returning the item to us.
- If the packaging of your order has been damaged, please accept the material from the courier and write on the document provided that you have accepted the package subject to checking. Once you have verified damage has occurred to the material inside the package you must notify firstname.lastname@example.org so we can process and reprint your order immediately.
- If, when delivered, the printed product cannot be used because there is no packaging or the content are completely ruined, please do not accept the material and mark the refusal on the document provided by the courier. You must then notify email@example.com to inform us of the issue so we can proceed and reprint your order immediately. We cannot accept a claim for loss for items delivered via Royal Mail unless 15 working days or more have passed since the item was due to be delivered.
17. Law and Jurisdiction
17.1 Contracts for the purchase of products and services through this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English Law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.